Classroom Teacher KS1 - Maternity Cover
TMS4 - TMS6 - DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE
Classroom Teacher Yr2/KS1
Fixed Term, Full-Time Maternity Cover
Monday 10th October - Friday 26th May 2023
The Governors wish to appoint an inspiring Classroom Teacher to work in a setting that is passionate and caring.
Battling Brook Primary is a large three form entry, over-subscribed primary school in Hinckley, Leicestershire with 600 pupils on roll.
We are incredibly proud of our school, and the school is full of people who are positive, dedicated, friendly and committed to ensuring all children are both happy and successful!
The position of class teacher is an exciting role, and is sure to appeal to anyone who has the necessary skills and genuine desire for all children to be successful; both academically and socially.
This is a fixed term full time post to cover a primary class of up to 30 pupils. The post will begin 23rd August 2021.
We can offer
- Close team planning
- CPD, support and guidance from Year/Phase/Senior leaders
- A highly motivated, welcoming staff
- Thoughtful, motivated children
- Supportive parents
- A Positive, ‘can do’ ethos
- A vibrant, exciting learning environment
- Opportunities for professional development/on-going learning
Your Specific Responsibilities
- To meet all national Teacher Standards and school career stage expectations
- To liaise with colleagues to ensure continuity and progression.
- To liaise with colleagues, ensuring consistent high standards relating to pupil outcomes, behaviour and marking; adhering to the expectations as referenced in the Staff Handbook.
- To ensure that learning objectives are identified and tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Be able to demonstrate creative challenging teaching
- To assess and record pupil’s progress and attainment.
- To analyse pupil data, predict likely attainment, set targets and produce the necessary reports as necessary.
- To direct the work of teaching assistants where relevant.
- To liaise with SEN Co-ordinator (SENCO) as appropriate.
- To write IEPs for SEN support and/or EHCPs in consultation with SENCO.
- To report to parents both orally and in writing.
- To offer equal opportunities to all pupils.
- To provide pastoral care for the children of each class.
- To promote good behaviour and encourage self-discipline by observing the relevant school policies.
- To encourage a purposeful, working atmosphere in all classes.
- To inform and liaise with parents as appropriate.
- To work with the Head or designated senior colleague in reviewing professional development particularly through the performance management process.
- To attend courses as required and keep abreast of current educational thinking.
- To support the school in implementing all school policies
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 18th September 2022
Interview scheduled: Thursday 22nd September & Friday 23rd September 2022
If you have not been offered an interview by Tuesday 20th September, then unfortunately on this occasion you were not successful with your application.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, Safeguarding and Medical check