Parents can decide whether their children have a school meal or bring a packed lunch.
School meals are ordered on a daily basis in class. Payments for school meals are made on line via ParentPay. School meals currenly cost £2.25. All children in KS1 are entitled to receive a Free School Meal
Information on School Food Support, the providers of school meals, can be accessed via this link. Legislation changes from 19th December 2014 require all food businesses to provide information on all allergens contained within food. Current menus can be viewed here, that include the allergens information.
Free school meals
Families of children and young people in full-time education at any school maintained by Leicestershire County Council may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit.
The current criteria for claiming free school meals are as follows:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Based)
- Child Tax Credit, provided the annual taxable income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue is not in excess of £16,190. Families who also receive an award of Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim for free school meals
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Children who receive Income Support (IS) or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
To apply for free school meals, you can:
- E-mail email@example.com
- Download the Free School Meals Application Form (Word doc, 245kb)
- Request an application form on 0116 305 6588
- Collect an application pack from the school office
- Apply via telephone on 0116 305 6588
- Apply by fax on 0116 3055785
The postal address is:
School Food Support Service
Free School Meals
Unit 14, The Courtyard
Whitwick Business Park